Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends...
MAKE A DONATION TODAY!
Make a donation now using PayPal
TO MAKE A ONE TIME OR MONTHLY DONATION TO EITHER 1. CAPITAL CAMPAIGN, 2. STRONG KIDS CAMPAIGN OR 3. IN MEMORY OF OUR DEAR MS. KAY
1. Right Now We Need Your Contribution to our Capital Campaign - - More Than Ever !
We are renovating the Y, creating an all new Fitness and Weight Training Center, new Dance and Spin Studios, and new, dedicated space for the Y Early Learning Center.
Donate Now to our Capital Campaign!
2. At the Family YMCA at Tarrytown, we exist to strengthen community.
Together with people like you, we nurture the potential of kids, help people understand and improve their health, and provide opportunities to support our friends and neighbors when they need it most. Donate now to Strong Kids Campaign to help our Y Kids!
3. Donate to Y Early Learning Center Childcare program, in memory of our dear "Ms. Kay," Catherine "Kay" Odishoo. Be sure to add "In Memory of Ms. Kay" in the "add special instructions to the seller" option at the top of the donation box. We thank you for your generosity. Ms. Kay will never be forgotten at our Y.
Your tax-deductible donation will help to ensure that the Y, a charitable, non-profit 501(c)3 organization, will once again be able to offer these vital community programs again next year.
The Y is a nonprofit, and we are listed on the Amazon Smiles charitable organization list. Please choose the Y for your contribution to count!
Please make your contribution to the Family YMCA at Tarrytown today, anyway you choose!
- Daycare,summer camp and swim program scholarships
- Employment training for special needs students
- Enrichment, Dance, and Theatre programming for underserved youth and families
- Parent and family counseling in our Y Early Learning Center
- Fellowship and swim or fitness therapy programs for senior citizens and injured adults
- Fitness, Aquatics, Dance, and Theatre scholarship
- Residence and access to fitness center for 48 men
- Financial support for YMCA family memberships and programs
- Scholarships for families of deployed military personnel
- Volunteer opportunities for youth and adults
- Residence, job counseling and other social services for men
Providing financial support to those in need and focusing on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, are what the Y stands for. We see the results of these good works everyday in the faces of those who participate. A contribution in any amount would ensure these programs are available to everyone who needs them. Remember, Y Membership Fees keep the building clean, the equipment running smoothly and our staff compensated. Your donation, however, helps us helps those in need. Take a look at this summary of how we use Membership Dues vs Your Donations.
SUPPORT THE Y - STRENGTHEN YOUR COMMUNITY
Here are a few examples of how your gift can make a difference today:
- $50 - allows a child to gain confidence by participating in a sports class
- $100 - teaches a child to swim and to be water safe
- $250 - allows 2 children to increase self-esteem by participating in a theatre or dance class
- $500 - fosters independence and teaches new skills to 5 children at a week of summer camp
- $1000 - enables 3 children to experience the challenge and thrill of performing Shakespeare to a community audience during the month of July
- $1500 - helps 6 cancer patients lessen the effects of their chemotherapy through fitness and exercise
- $2500 - provides 10 seniors on fixed incomes the opportunity for social interaction through annual memberships.
- $5000 - allows 5 familes in need to lead healthier, happier lives with annual memberships at the Y
- $10,000 - allows 4 underprivileged children to discover their full potential at an entire summer of camp
A SOUND INVESTMENT
We count on the generosity of our members, partners and the community at large to keep our doors open to whoever needs a place to go to help them become more healthy, confident, connected and secure. The Y maximizes the use of every dollar. Of every dollar contributed, 98 cents go directly to programs.
A DIFFERENT WAY TO GIVE
Volunteers work in all areas of the YMCA. In Childcare, as coaches, mentors, in fundraising events, on our Board of Directors - our volunteers make the difference. Whether you're a teenager, parent, grandparent or corporate executive, we need you! All it takes is a little time to make a difference in someone's life.
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a global nonprofit. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to the communities we engage.
Signup for our email update
To receive program and facility updates and emergency closure information, please submit your email.