Whether developing skills and encouraging volunteerism through youth programming, welcoming and connecting diverse demographic populations through membership and services, or preventing chronic disease and building healthier communities through collaboration, the Y...
Y Dance Academy at Main Street
Excellence in dance education:
The Y Dance Academy faculty holds extensive teaching, performing, and academic credentials. Free placement classes, regular progress reports, and individual faculty/student mentoring are all part of a Y Dance Academy education for children, teens, and adult dancers.
Accessible to all:
The Y Dance Academy is centrally located, culturally accessible, and charges tuition on a sliding scale according to need—because we believe that all children and adults should have the opportunity for a dance education.
YDA Program Highlights include:
- Early childhood classes beginning at 12 months of age for children with a caregiver. Our early childhood classes engage the imagination of young dancers, introduce group participation skills and explore the pleasure of movement to music.
- A rigorous, progressive pre-professional training program beginning at age 7 - 8 that forms the core curriculum of the program. By the time of graduation from the Y Dance Academy at age 18, students are dancing at a level that allows a smooth transition into professional conservatory training programs, university dance programs, and professional apprentice programs.
- An adult dance program that is unmatched in the quality, depth and variety of offerings and opportunities. Advanced dancers are able to continue their development as individual artists in our graduated classes that include ballet, jazz, and modern dance; those trying dance for the first time will find classes specifically designed to nurture their development.
- Recreational dance classes that invite students—including complete beginners to dance class—to explore introductory classes in ballet, jazz and modern dance as well as such ever-changing offerings as tap, hip hop, and dance composition.
- An annual student dance festival that teaches the art of performance: beginning with 8-10 weeks of rehearsals in addition to—rather than part of—dance classes so that students’ physical training is not interrupted; continuing through a full week of rehearsals in the theatre introducing students to performance elements such as staging, sound and lighting; and culminating in a professional production.Summer Dance Intensives for ages 5 - 18. Develop technique and artistry in a fun, nurturing and creative environment! The Y Dance Academy offers week-long summer intensives each Summer. Check back in December for more information about Summer 2015!
Summer Dance Intensives for ages 5 - 18. Develop technique and artistry in a fun, nurturing and creative environment! The Y Dance Academy offers week-long summer intensives each Summer. Check back in December for more information about Summer 2015!
Y Dance Academy Performing Groups:
- YDA Youth Ensemble
- YDA Ballet Repertory Company
- YDA Modern Lab Workshop
- YDA Adult Jazz Ensemble
- YDA Adult Ballet Ensemble
- YDA Tap Workshop
Faculty biographies are found here.
For more information about the Amazon Local Deal for New Students click here!
July Office Hours:
Monday - Wednesday: 2:30 - 5 pm
Thursday: 4 - 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 12 pm
For information on the Y Dance Academy, including class schedules, faculty bios, financial assistance, and performing opportunities, please visit http://ydance.weebly.com/, email us at email@example.com or call the YDA office at 914.631.4807 x. 32.
Driving Social Responsibility
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a global nonprofit. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to the communities we engage.